Gift Ideas for One Year Olds
My Favorite Things
My Favorite Things
Are you trying to find a gift for a one year old? It can be frustrating because most toys are for ages 3 and up. I thought I'd put together a list of items my one year olds enjoyed.
- Fisher Price stroller—great for learning to walk. It's very sturdy, so Baby Bear can pull himself up and then push it along.
- Feel & Roll Bumpy Balls-comes in a set of four balls with fun bumps on them for throwing and rolling.
- My Barnyard Friends Baby Talk Playset by Aurora World—this soft barn comes with four soft farm animals that make their own sound. The barn also has a handle for Baby Bear to tote around like a little briefcase.
- Fisher Price Corn Popper--this toy has been around since I was a baby and is still popular. This is better for walkers.
- Fisher Price Puzzle--this plastic puzzle is great because the pieces are chunky and can be "teethed" on. They also make noises.
- My First Crayola products--my second born loves to be able to join in with my older one on coloring. These triangular crayons are good because they're fatter then regular crayons and their shape helps them from rolling away.
- Doggies by Sandra Boynton Although all of her books are fun, my kids like this one because it's just doggies barking.
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle A classic. Kids love to put their fingers on the holes where the caterpillar munched.
- Knitty Kitty by David Elliot Both my kids loved this book. And it’s a simple read.
- My First Words:Let's Get Talking and My First Colors: Let’s Learn Them All by DK Publishing. This series has excellent photos of common items grouped by category or color. Great for learning words.
- Peekaboo books by DK Publishing More books with baby faces or animals and fun flaps.
- Baby Touch and Feel books by DK Publishing Can you tell I like DK Publishing books? Tractor is a favorite at our house.
- Baby Giggles by Rachael Hale. My son loves to look at pictures of babies. This one is cute and is short.
See my next post for helpful items for parents of one year olds.