Friday, January 20, 2017

Bits and Pieces

So you’re baby is finally old enough to eat solid table foods…well, soft ones cut into atom-sized pieces. Mealtime at my house can be quite an ordeal—between getting together components for a well-balanced meal, cooking vegetables until they’re soft enough to melt in Baby Bear’s mouth, letting them cool, cutting everything up into little pieces (I can cut off the skin of a grape and still slice the inside into 8 pieces)…I usually end up with three dirty plates, two forks, and three knives for one of her meals.

My easiest solution so far is good ‘ole Campbell’s soup. Soup has a nice variety of veggies, grains, and meat. But even better: everything is pre-cut! I strain the soup before giving it to Baby Bear (as well as let it cool). Some types of soup still need the vegetables cut, but not many. I choose varieties with small noodles as I despise having to cut them as well.

Although soup is often high in sodium, if I don’t have the time it takes for a full meal production, soup is perfect (there are also varieties with lower sodium).

Here are some that we (yes, I eat it, too) like best:

Muir Glen Organic Savory Lentil Soup: mainly lentils.

Amy's Soups Indian Dal Curried Lentil: this is also a lentil soup, with a kick.

Campbell’s Healthy Request Vegetable (made with beef stock): contains alphabet noodles, green beans, carrots, peas, corn, and potato.

Campbell’s Chunky Fully Loaded Turkey Pot Pie: contains dumplings, turkey chunks, carrots, peas, and celery.

Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment